Friday, November 5, 2010

Photo Per Day #5: Stone

Tonight, I went to see our resident filmmaker's recent release Stone starring Robert De Niro, Edward Norton, Frances Conroy and the beautiful seductress Milla Jovovitch. While it's gotten some mixed reviews, I absolutely loved it. And I hate everything. (That means you, Forrest Gump.) It was shocking how much it reminded me of a Bob Rafelson film. (That's my nod to you, Jack Garner. You know who you are.) More in the Five Easy Pieces vein than his (hey, hey we're the) Monkeys pièce de résistance. But seriously, the performances were truly outstanding and the plot line extremely compelling if you like twisted faith-based/spiritual/religious/new age-y path-oriented topics (as I do).

So today's pic (albeit not an Annie Leibovitz caliber photo), clocking in before midnight (oh snap), is of our esteemed local director and his hot wife at the post-screening reception. Happy birthday Kris and John!


No comments: