Thursday, November 18, 2010

Photo Per Day #18: Beaujolais Nouveau

Tonight was the annual Beaujolais Nouveau party hosted by talented local agency, The Verdi Group. Due to a confluence of unplanned events, long client meetings, an emergency stop at the office, and an East Avenue traffic jam, coupled with a need to be home by 7:00 p.m. for the hubby's escape to a coaches' meeting for our son's Odyssey of the Mind team, I could only stay for 40 minutes. Argh.

But a great 40 minutes it was. Tables and tables of difficult-to-find, artisan cheeses accented with tiny flags denoting their country of origin with a little text on the variety, cow, etc. All to die for. My favorite was a mustard yellow, curried cheese that I just Googled and cannot find online. So I hung with my girlfriend Jennifer, enjoyed a glass of wine and ate heaps o' cheese.

Both Jen and I won free bottles of wine based on our submissions to their "cheese pun" contest. I was thrilled because who doesn't want a free bottle of wine (?) but also savvy enough to realize that all entrants won. Hey, you gotta be in it to win it. Whey to go! Gouda work . . .

Today's pic: Jen with her fabulous bottle of wine.

No comments: