Monday, October 22, 2007

Sleep-away Camp

I just returned from a weekend at a "spa" -- better described as a fat-farm/adult sleep-away camp with my girlfriend. What a blast!

I already posted my review of the Deerfield Spa on TripAdvisor.

There is a quote from Miguel De Cervantes that sums up my two days with Jacque, "Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you who you are." I am unbelievably blessed to have a friend who a) is one of the nicest people on the planet, b) will roll with the punches, c) engages in everything that life offers, d) laughs a lot and e) maintains her beauty even after kick boxing.

Which reminds me of a Sicilian proverb, "Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty." I'd like to modify that to, "Only your real friends won't mind when you haven't washed your hair in days and it's covered in massage oil."

Thank you Sean (husband and generous ringleader)! Thank you Jacque! Thank you God!

2 comments:

Generous Ringleader said...

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pranayama mama said...

OMG - you must have seen us doing pool aerobics! :)