Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Clueless

During a conversation about beer bongs in which I was telling a co-worker about how my dad helped me buy my funnel and tubing -- and how somewhat clueless he was at times -- I remembered the following personal embarrassment.

One summer, when I was still in college, my sister and I went out to happy hour at TGI Friday's (we really knew how to party!). During the car ride there, I noticed that my bra straps kept peeking out from under my dress so, when we arrived, I slipped my bra off and left it in the car.

The next day, my dad came home from work with it in his hands, "What was this doing in my glove compartment?" No matter how much we tried to explain how innocent it was, he wasn't buying it. He was livid.

In retaliation, my mom decided that we should take a pair of his underwear, plant it in her glove compartment and make a big scene sometime when the whole family was out together. Funny, right? So I went into his dresser, took a pair of his underwear, hid it in a box in my room awaiting the occasion and then promptly forgot about it.

A few weeks later, as I was packing to go back to college, men's underwear fell out of the box. My dad was furious! "Who does this underwear belong to?" OMG! How is this possible?

My mom and I were laughing so hard but he, once again, thought there was more to the story. Nothing like getting in trouble for transgressions you didn't commit!

No comments: