Monday, October 15, 2007

Heartbeat, Increasing Heartbeat

What's the absolutely, positively best way to start a Monday? To turn on the car radio to the opening stanzas of one of your favorite songs from childhood.

"Zoo time; it's she and you time. The mammals are your favorite type and you want her tonight."

OMG! Thank you WITR. I took out my cell phone and dialed my sister -- the only person on the planet who may have gotten an even bigger rush out of it. No answer. Argh!

As the youngest member of the Sparks fan club in the mid-70s, even meriting a mention in their cheesy photocopied newsletter, I was beside myself. I was screaming lyrics at the top of my lungs that I didn't even know still remained in the recesses of my brain.

This town ain't big enough for the both of us. And it ain't me who's gonna leave!

No comments: