Thursday, October 25, 2007

Girl Scout Cookies

It's that time of year when everyone comes out of the woodwork shilling for the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Jazz Ensemble, etc. We currently have Thin Mints coming from the little girl across the street, Fat Free Chocolate Chips from her sister, Cinna-Spins (whatever they may be) from our niece, more Thin Mints from the daughter of a friend from High School, Caramel deLights from the daughter of another friend from High School, popcorn from the boy next door, popcorn from some other boys up the street and two Thanksgiving pies from another neighbor's son.

Why do I care? Well, not only did I just get back from the fat-farm only to eat handfuls upon handfuls of chips, I also dyed my hair brown. And then I realized that one of my son's friends from school -- whom I've met on multiple occasions and blogged about yesterday -- asked me recently, "Who are you?" as if I was no longer recognizable.

Dark brown hair? Fat? OMG! Maybe he thought I was Britney Spears . . . I hear that drugs can age you twenty years.

2 comments:

uncle wally said...

you missed the boy scout selling wreaths, but he might come back.

Pranayama mama said...

that appeals to me much more than more food!