Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mini-weekend: Day 18

Spent Tuesday afternoon with my neighborhood girlfriends and all of our kids on the Sam Patch. Son #1 was beside himself with anger.

Son #1: I don't like to learn during the summer. I never wanted to go on this boat. What part of this remotely sounded like fun to you?

Me: We're outside, in the sunshine, with friends. That's fun to me. And we're experiencing the canal firsthand, rising up and down as they fill and drain the locks. It's cool to see from the water instead of the shore.

Son #1 was not convinced and spent the entire ride inside looking out the window.

Yesterday was spent in a wave of appointments including taking Son #1 to the acupuncturist to treat his Tourette's. When home, the vinyl siding dudes were pounding on the house. No respite. I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation.

In the car on the way to my hair appointment, I heard the latest Cracker song that they performed while here a few weeks back. As I planned my escape, it suddenly became my new favorite song.

"Baby you need a break so lets just run away."

No comments: