Friday, June 19, 2009

Cracker Soul

Every once in a while you score one of the best nights ever. Last night: Cracker. They played heaps o' hits including Eurotrash Girl, Low, Movie Star, Sweet Thistle Pie, Get Off This, Teen Angst, etc., and a fabulous new tune, "Turn on Tune in Drop out with Me," from their latest CD. If I had the chance, I would have run away with David Lowery right there and then. Shockingly enough, he didn't ask me to.

I, of course, picked up my girlfriend Ellen straight from work so I was wearing a black suit and heels. (Way to rock out.) Yet, at the end of the night, this guy that Priddy Mary thought was hot but looked more like a cuter version of Joey from Z Rock came up to me and said, "I'm not hitting on you but wanted you to know that you're the cutest thing -- dancing in the rain."

Seriously. For someone suffering from chronic low self-esteem, it was such an amazing compliment. Who ever you are and where ever you may be: thanks.

3 comments:

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Well you ARE the cutest thing. Dancing or no.

Pranayama mama said...

aw thanks!

Unknown said...

It's so true! Nate says so, too!