Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Richie

I just posted a note on the memorial page at Miller Funeral Homes website under the obituary for Richard S. Doser who passed away yesterday at the age of 87.

"Rich was our carrier in Pittsford when I was growing up and I LOVED him. We called him "Richie the mail man." My friend Steve and I (and our dogs Barney and Wendy) followed him as he walked throughout our entire neighborhood every single day. He was the nicest man on the planet and he would let us put the mail in our own mailboxes which was a huge treat. (Seriously! Mind you, it was the early 1970s and I was like six years old.) I've thought about him a lot over the years and now wish I had reached out to say "hello." His memory is very special to me. With ALL of that said, I'm very, very sorry for your loss. Your entire family is in my prayers."

May God bless Richie the mailman. And may he rest in peace.

No comments: