Saturday, January 2, 2010

Life is a Cabernet, Old Chum

Me: What do you want for dinner?

Son #2: Can we have tacos in a can?

* * *

Son #1: Give me the remote. You don't even know what you're doing.

Son #2: Don't incomplement me.

Son #1: Dude, the word is insult -- not incomplement.

Son #2: See? There you go again. Mom! He's incomplemating me all the time.

* * *

And now, in the midst of the end-of-break mayhem, the hubby is leaving to play in his jazz band at the Little Cafe as I host a sleepover with a couple of Son #1's little friends who are already glued to the Xbox, hyperactive and picking on Son #2 who keeps screaming/whining, "Stop killing me."

Hello wine glass. Whatcha knowin'? I've come to get this vintage flowin' Ain't ya got downtime for me? Do do do do, feelin' groovy.

2 comments:

Citygirl said...

Oh, I remember those days! Sometimes, I even miss it! Enjoy it, they leave and you and your hubby will be staring at each other wondering what to do with all the silence.

Pranayama mama said...

silence, just for a moment, would be welcome right about now!