Thursday, January 7, 2010

Aldo Chilla Chella

I have a Facebook "friend" (read: ex-coworker) who should be gracing the pages of Hot Chicks with Douchebags. In his photos he's always surrounded by scantily clad women whether it be "après ski" (as he states) at his house in Aspen, hanging out cocktails-in-hand on a boat après wakeboard at his lake home in Austin, on the deck at his new beachfront abode in San Diego, dining al fresco seaside in Ixtapa, etc.

Status updates, complete with spelling errors, include (but are not limited to):
  • Traveling...Peru (Manchu Pichu), Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Patagonia, Aruba, Equador, Costa Rica...and have to fit in Mammoth, Aspen, Whistler, Teluride, then Russia after the snow melts!...who wants to meet me where?
  • hmmm, where should I go 4 xmas break...Russia, Costa Rica, Argentina, Brazil, or Colombia?
  • Invited to 3 holiday parties on Dec 5th...Austin, San Diego, and Seattle...can I be in 3 cities at once? where should i go?

Why do I mention this? I clearly want to be living his life (hot chicks not required). The worst part: he wasn't exactly known for his stellar contributions to our old company. I need to figure out how to ride the wave on someone else's buck! He is living proof that it can be done.

Fascinating stuff. 

Just today, in the not-so-subtle art of giving oneself a compliment while pretending to help another, he wrote this recommendation of a well respected, driven, insanely smart co-worker on LinkedIn: " . . . is a gem. I hire and mentor the best of the best when I build teams and she is on the A-1 list."

I agree. She puts the sizzle in the steak.

Kick ass life complete with hubris. The Situation would be proud. Very, very proud.

You're in New York, but I'm not.
You're in Tokyo, but I'm not.
You're in Nova Scotia, but I'm not.
Yeah, you're everywhere that I'm not!

No comments: