Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rockin' the Suburbs

Yeah, okay, so the title of this post is quoting Ben Folds but it seemed somewhat apropos. Y'all don't know what it's like to be young, middle class and white. You see, there I was watching ye olde flat screen last night when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a perfect, spoofy-yet-real commercial for a Weezer Snuggie! BONUS: When you order, you get their new CD (a $15 value) for free.

Man do I love these guys! Pure marketing genius.



On a semi-related note, someone posted the following little anecdote the other day on My Life is Average:
"Today, I saw a commercial for the Snuggie. I thought it was stupid idea but I couldn't change the channel because I was under a blanket and I didn't want my arms to get cold."
My alternate title for this post was WWBHW (a.k.a. What Would Buddy Holly Wear)?
I don't care what they say about us anyway, I don't care about that!


4 comments:

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Believe it or no, my hubby bought me a gorgeous leopard print Snuggie for my birthday! I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Pranayama mama said...

Cabana Chat meets Snuggie? Gotta love that!

Did you watch the Weezer infomercial? I can't get enough.

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Just watched it now! Makes me want to add "Weezer" too the front of mine in masking tape.

Unknown said...

I totally want a Snuggie now. Or several...matching ones for the whole family!

Little do my kids know what they're in for! It's a life filled with Snuggies here in the USA!!!