Friday, November 20, 2009

Big Smile

The other day, I purchased this sweet little print at the Studio Mela shop on Etsy because it made me happy.



Do you know what else made me happy? My address was handwritten on the package in the middle of a cartoon girl's speech bubble and below it the following was printed:
let me say thank you. with my whole heart.
i hope you love what's inside because a nice person like you deserves a really big smile.


OMG, right? If only every purchase could be so heartwarming. If only our new furnace carried a little sticker telling us how happy it is when it gives our family warmth. Hey, maybe I'd be filled with bliss to know I'd spent thousands and thousands of dollars this year alone on new windows, siding, kitchen counters, subway tiles, floors, an up-to-spec chimney, front porch, etc. if only we got adorable little notes from the contractors spreading the love. Surely my cousin Peter could have given me a giant bear hug me after he remodeled our kitchen and told me how much he appreciated our business, no?

Instead, we had a beautiful, touching, emotional experience when Son #1 made a simple request from our ass-crack plumber last Sunday on my behalf, "Excuse me sir, but you might want to pull your pants up."

Just lovely.

4 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

Why didn't you just provide him with this?:
http://freightyard.net/videos/CrackSpackle.jpg

Pranayama mama said...

He needed it! He also burst out laughing at P's request. (I didn't want to say "cracked up" for all-too-obvious reasons.)

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

I hear you on this.

New furnace went in a week or two ago. New roof was last year. Complete bathroom gutting and refurb before that. Would a little love note hurt?

Pranayama mama said...

We got a new roof a few years back. I love it. I roll around on it and bask in its glory. So great!

We need our bathrooms refurbed but it ain't gonna happen. Instead, we're embracing our inner-60s.