Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

In lieu of giving in to the "bad luck" of the day, I thought I would capture thirteen things that make me happy (in no particular order and not an exhaustive list).
  1. Snuggling with my boys
  2. Sunshine (on my shoulders . . . )
  3. Travel (for pleasure v. business)
  4. Dancing wildly
  5. Cupcakes
  6. Cocktails with my girlfriends
  7. My husband's cooking
  8. The holiday market at Union Square
  9. Birds (e.g., sparrows, finches and sandpipers)
  10. Church bells, candles and incense
  11. The smell of fresh pipe tobacco
  12. Christmas (e.g., trees, lights, songs, festivities, presents)
  13. Stinky (our passionate, incessantly hungry, bulimic, black cat)
Oh. Did I say thirteen? I meant a baker's dozen plus one . . . 'cause you can't help but look at these cuties from a bygone era and feel real joy. (And no, it's not Bowie, Henrik Lundqvist, Paul Rudd or John Cusack, so there.)

1 comment:

Citygirl said...

What a delightful list! I am with you on almost all of them, since I have never had your husbands cooking and I don't know Stinky!
But I will definately take your word for it. :)