Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fashion: Turn to the Left

I bought a pair of cute little glasses at a trunk show at 20/20 on Third Ave. when still living in NYC. Today I was once again shopping for glasses given that mine snapped in half. The frigid air in my car last winter proved to be too much. And, contrary to the claims of men everywhere, duct tape is not a miracle panacea. I know because, fashionista that I am, I tried.

While I am soooooooo over little glasses fashion trend (over a decade is a bit long, no?), my choices around here are slim. Other options include looking like bloody Sarah Palin or adopting a Harry Potter-esque style. Right now, I'm leaning towards Mr. Magoo.

What I really want to know is: what eyewear is in style in Paris? Milan? And when are these trends going to hit the hinterlands of America? Can't a cute pair of specs make their way across the lake from Toronto in a bottle for me? Not that it matters. Around here it's de rigueur to wear crocs vs. Stuart Weitzman stilettos. I guess my eyes can be poorly dressed, as well.

We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep beep.

2 comments:

Pranayama mama said...

Merci monsieur foreign fashion correspondent for weighing in on the issue. I have to say, the styles look much the same as they do here. Mon dieu.

Unknown said...

You can always get what my father-in-law refers to as "Birth Control Glasses" (a.k.a. "BCGs").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GI_glasses

Soooo sexy!