Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pulling Teeth

Next in the long list of activities we have to strong arm our kids to do (e.g., brush teeth, do homework, clean up toys, take shower), comes Son #1's reluctance to write thank you notes for all of his birthday gifts.

Son #1 (whining): I'm tooooooo tired.
Me: You're not too tired to play with your Legos; you're just too tired to thank your Aunt and Uncle for them. They'll think you're ungrateful.
Son #1 (whining more loudly): I'm not ungrateful. I'm just tired right now.

Son #2 (picking up a copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid): It's easy. You just fill in the blanks.

"Dear Aunt Loretta: Thank you so much for the awesome pants! How did you know I wanted that for Christmas? I love the way the pants look on my legs! All my friends will be so jealous that I have my very own pants. Thank you for making this the best Christmas ever!"

So darned charming, right? And that Jeff Kinney is onto something. I'm looking forward to getting some form letters in the mail tonight.

Just kidding. He can't get off the hook that easily.

2 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

Maybe he could just post a Thank You on your blog, although his aunt won't see it...

BTW, I had lunch at my namesake Heaven on Seven yesterday. The Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffin was fantastic as always.

www.heavenonseven.com

Pranayama mama said...

yummm, the menu looks sooooo good.

what? his aunt doesn't read this amazing piece of fine (and riveting) journalism? shocking.