Thursday, June 12, 2008

Numskull

I read on A Cup of Joe last week that antlers were so 2004 and "officially over" (really?) which may explain why I found this cow skull at a garage sale last weekend. Good thing I'm no longer living in Manhattan; I'm now at the tail end of a dying trend even in a non-trendy town. Yikes!



Yeah, it's a little too Georgia O'Keefe super-size-me but whatever. One man's trash is another man's treasure?

Which brings me to a somewhat unrelated topic: I am so blinkin' sick of that depressing red color on my living room walls. I was thinking of going neutral (white or a light coffee) but then saw a vibrant, bright green color saturating the walls of Scout & Molly's, a sweet little shop in Greensboro, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Unfortunately, their website doesn't do it justice.

This color in this chair from Le Tramac (found on the gorgeous site All Things Bright and Beautiful) is more like it. I'm looking for sunny and fresh not pea-colored. Perhaps a bit preppy -- hearkening back to my childhood of pink/green monogrammed sweaters and whale belts.



Love it!

6 comments:

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Do it! Electric pea would be a perfect backdrop for the skull. A hallucinogenic prairieland if you will.

Pranayama mama said...

Hallucinogenic Prairieland sounds like a good name for a band!

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Actually, Electric Pea is a good name for a band as well. Too bad I'm not musical.

Melanie K said...

LOL! I was also going to suggest Electric Pea as a band name.

Pranayama mama said...

I still want to play in a band called The Night Sweats!

Unknown said...

Electric Pea could open for The Night Sweats.

I like the skull against the red. And even if it's SO 2004, it will probably be SO 2012, too.