Thursday, May 22, 2008

Love & Marriage

"Marriage is like an unfunny, tense version of Everybody Loves Raymond
. . . but it doesn't last 22 minutes. It lasts forever."

-------

I finally saw Knocked Up last night and, while I couldn't stop laughing throughout the film, that line was the highlight. (Doesn't hurt that it was delivered by Paul McDreamy Rudd.)

Although the focus of the movie is on the hilarity of the unplanned pregnancy and the budding relationship between total opposites (i.e., a stoner and a hottie), I really enjoyed the scenes with, and droll dialog of, the married couple (i.e., the hottie's sister and brother-in-law).

Yep, it doesn't get any better than this! Till death!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul Rudd gets my motor running, too!

Anonymous said...

I missed the movie Knocked Up. My sweet hubby sent it back to Netflix, before I got to see it (he saw it). Love the quote about Everyone Loves Raymond. So true...at times.