Thursday, May 8, 2008

Be Very, Very Careful!

I read on CNN.com yesterday how "San Diego State University has suspended six fraternities after a sweeping drug investigation that landed members of three fraternities in jail on suspicion of openly dealing drugs on campus." It reminded me of this guy I knew in undergrad who, upon answering a knock on his dorm room door, told an undercover cop, "Wrong room. I think you want the guys next door." He later found himself facing drug charges as an accomplice.

The following summer a letter from the D.A.'s office was sent to his parents' home simply stating that his drug charges were dropped. The funny part (or not-so depending on your viewpoint) is that he shared the same name as his father who a) opened the letter thinking it was addressed to him and b) flew through the roof.

Good news, your drug charges have been dropped! Just what every parent wants to hear . . .

My heart goes out to all of the parents of those drug-selling college kids in CA who just messed up their own, and others', lives. I'm sure it's heart wrenching for them to bear.

No comments: