Monday, August 13, 2007

Bible Study (or Not)

Last month, I showed up at my small group Bible study to find all the women drinking margaritas.

Before I arrived, they asked my friend Meg if she thought I would be offended!

Tonight, we're going out on the ring leader's boat for an end-of-summer get together with appetizers and cocktails before we get back into our Beth Moore "Believing God" DVD series in September.

I really know how to find 'em, don't I? To think I was nervous to join a small group for fear that I would be an outcast. Instead, I found myself with a bunch of predominantly 40-something women who are not only a riot to be with but also brutally open and honest. I love to be held accountable for my behavior/actions by others who can understand me without passing judgement.

More tequila anyone?

No comments: