Monday, March 23, 2009

Mrs. Laura David

So when you're continually slogging it out at work and dreaming of downsizing to a doublewide just to ease the financial tension, what normally would make me pause and laugh, today makes me insanely jealous.

This woman is seeking $54K a week in her divorce settlement. No, that's not a typo; that's her weekly expenditure. Expenses include $4,500 for her clothing allowance where presumably she's paying her personal tailor to design an entirely new wardrobe daily and sew it right onto her body -- how else could you possibly spend over $600/day on clothes?? Especially when you have a weekly dry cleaning bill of $650? So she must "recycle" some of her clothes. Or maybe she's dry cleaning her linens.

Which leads me to: how big are her closets?

I especially love the $8K per week in travel expenses because I can see how that would actually add up. Two homes in Switzerland, private jet, hangar, fuel, pilots, etc. It cannot be cheap. However, she spends in only one week roughly equivalent of how much we spend on our annual trip to a fun, kid-friendly resort. Damn!

Lastly, only $250 on her personal trainer? What's that, one hour? After spending $1,500 on meals and entertainment, she might want to step up the exercise a bit more, no? Mind you, she does look great. I think that $1K on weekly skincare is paying dividends.

Shoot me now: All of this is on top of the $36 million he's already given her.

I'll be thinking of her as I take out a home equity loan to repair my collapsing tract house. And I'll be tracking him down shortly thereafter. Doesn't he need a new woman who can live modestly on the paltry $36 million without asking for more?

The nerve of some people!

No comments: