Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beast of Burden

Matthew 11:25-30, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Like an ox that doesn't realize there is a stream at the end of the trail, I cannot see where God is leading me so I'm stubbornly holding myself in a bad place. And I am having a hard time remembering that God is carrying the yoke with (or rather for) me. I have to keep repeating that phrase from Matthew today to remind myself that life is only truly unbearable if I do not believe that God can refresh me, replenish my soul and lead me beside still waters.

Now to find a green pasture in which to lie down.

1 comment:

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

He also tells us that we can make up for what is lacking in His sufferings by taking up our own crosses. Use this time of darkness to walk the Lenten walk with Him.

Blessed are the persecuted...