Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

I’m unbelievably sad that summer is over but extremely grateful to have had a long weekend filled with relaxation including hanging out at my girlfriend Mary’s pool (where she had the water at 90 degrees), seeing my brother and nephew briefly as they made their way from Lake Forest to Freshman year at Brown, swimming with Meg and her girls at Canandaigua Lake (where the water is like bath water right now), swimming off my brother-in-law’s boat in Seneca Lake (where the water is slightly colder but really refreshing), lounging in my hammock, and, drumroll please, cleaning my room, emptying and rearranging closets, throwing out a box filled with expired medications, and gathering clothes for the Salvation Army. I feel soooooooooo good right now. Let's see how long it lasts.

Check out this beautiful stock photography from Bill Banaszewski! Until mere moments ago, I had never heard of this man but some of these images of the Finger Lakes are gorgeous. As much as I loathe living here during the winter, the summers in Upstate NY are fabulous and the scenery is stunning.

A friend who lived here briefly during our summer internships with the Xerox MBA Enterprise Corps years ago used to ask me, "Where do I go around here to see and be seen?" My answer, "Toronto?"

Nope. There are few people to "see" around here but we have plenty of sights. Now I just need to become a great skier so I can enjoy the winter, too.