Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beau Ties

One other thing about last weekend's funeral that I liked . . .

My uncle was a long-time wearer of bow ties. As a fitting tribute, most of the men in his family (i.e., sons, stepsons, son-in-law, grandsons) wore bow ties during the ceremony and at the reception at the Genesee Valley Club. My cousin's husband David, from California, brought a slew of bow ties with him for people to choose from -- including one from this company, Beau Ties, whose name I also liked.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking. Maybe everyone should wear lampshades at my funeral, no? Tiaras would work also. Or ascots. Just putting the idea out there.

4 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

I didn't know they sold lampshades at Dress Barn.

Pranayama mama said...

You have to go to their sister site: Pottery Barn.

Anonymous said...

Again, you're under the assumption that people are going to your funeral.

Pranayama mama said...

I'll never know, will I?!