Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dump and Dumper(er)

Thanks to JetBlue, we had the honor and privilege of taking a three-day tour of Jamaica! And by Jamaica, I mean Queens, of course. Is there any other?

So, of course, I had to write my reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm a sucker for giving feedback. 

In case you're ever stuck at JFK, I would recommend:
  1. The pool at the Hilton Garden Inn, if you're with kids
  2. The cleanliness and up-to-date features of the Doubletree Hotel, if you value normalcy
  3. Nothing at the Holiday Inn Express. Actually, they had some bright, colorful paintings of Manhattan on the walls. So if you choose your hotel based on artwork, this dive hotel comes highly recommended. Also, we discovered this too late but, their take-out drivers will pick up booze, if needed. (And it's needed.)

Since I intend to drive everywhere I go from now on, I hope never to step foot in any of these hotels again.

It's a holiday in(n) Jamaica; it's tough kid but it's life . . .

4 comments:

Jack Ryder said...

The last time I spend the night in Queens I had my car stolen. I don't recommend that. :-)

Pranayama mama said...

yikes! was it recovered?

Jack Ryder said...

Nope, it's probably still driving around LATAM somewhere.

Maerk W. said...

Thank God I chose the Double Tree Hotel while stranded overnight courtesy of Jet Blue just last Wednesday, the 24th. Glad to hear the room was worth the rate which was almost as much as round trip airfare from Roc to W. Palm.

BTW, the food is better at the neighboring Marriott Courtyard where the grease seemed fresher.