Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here Comes Your Band

The Pixies, one of my favorite bands of all time, embarked recently on a world tour to play their "best of" album, Doolittle, in its entirety. I love this because Doolittle isn't an after-the-fact compilation of greatest hits but, in my humble and unschooled opinion, simply one of the best CDs ever released. So I've booked my flights to NYC for November; now I have to pray that I get a ticket to their Monday night show the minute they go on sale this Friday. Anyone wanna join me?

In a similar vein, I just read that Sparks played a show in LA last February containing all of the tracks from their latest album (currently residing in the "where is it now?" file) along with every track from their 1974 work of art: Kimono My House. Seriously. If that ever happens again, or if they play Propaganda from cover to cover, I think my sister and I need to board a plane immediately.

Since I can't find a good video of my favorite Sparks' song, "Moon Over Kentucky" (with the exception of Morrissey covering a less sinister/less interesting version last month in Brixton Academy), I'll post their seminal hit "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us." Oh heck, I'll post 'em both. Living large. Now to get them to play somewhere . . . anywhere.




No comments: