Monday, August 31, 2009

Idiocracy

My neighbors "defriended" me on Facebook because they believe that I'm the "mole." It took me a while to notice because I had hidden their comments from my newsfeed.

I have a shocking news alert for them: Facebook is public. What they post, all of their "friends" can see -- including the "friend" they're bashing. No mole required. Crazy, I know.

Old adage: Good fences make good neighbors

Facebook addendum: Heinous public comments make bad neighbors. Own it.

I have also hidden the comments of an ex-coworker who shouts AWESOME in every post -- often myriad times throughout the day. "Just had lunch with my AWESOME wife." "Riding my bike to work on another AWESOME day." I can't stand another AWESOME sighting.

I think I'm becoming cranky.

4 comments:

uncle wally said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/magazine/30FOB-medium-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine

uncle wally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DarkWing said...

wait, you mean other people can read stuff I put on facebook. I was treating it like my diary! heh, people are crazy.

...and by the way, I had an AWESOME time reading your AWESOME post. Hope you have an AWESOME day!

Pranayama mama said...

How AWESOME of you to comment!