Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Marriott Awaits

From the Marriott Aruba last week to the Marriott Oakland City Center this week. Somehow methinks it'll be a vastly different experience. Beach vs. conference room. Game room vs. LCD with PowerPoint. Carefree vs. angst-riddled. Playing tag in the pool vs. facilitating a meeting.

Just writing that word, facilitating, makes me want to groan. It sounds dreadful. One of these things is not like the others: swimming, napping, reading, relaxing, laughing, facilitating. Sounds more like gestating or ovulating. In this case, birthing some new business processes.

In other news, my TripAdvisor review of Aruba property has already been posted.

I think it would be fun to be a hotel secret shopper. Maybe in my next life. But for now, baby I was born to facilitate.

1 comment:

DarkWing said...

lol, have fun facilitating... I guess that's spelled right