Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snuggie

"Blankets are OK but they can slip and slide, plus your hands are trapped inside." Darned if the Snuggie people haven't found their own pet rock!

I have a better idea for when you're cold: put on a sweater! Or if you really want to look like a jerk but don't want to spend the money: put your robe on backwards.

But I have to give them props for awesome marketing. People all over America are probably buying the "blanket with sleeves" -- and I'm just mad at myself for not thinking of the idea first.

6 comments:

P Domino D said...

http://adage.com/article?article_id=134080

Pranayama mama said...

OMG. Thanks for sharing that link.

"In a godless and cold world, there is but one place to seek warmth and salvation."

Hilarious!

uncle wally said...

Isn't it really just an oversized bathrobe worn backwards?

P Domino D said...

it also serves as an Obi Wan Kenobi costume.

uncle wally said...

actually, the commercials make it look like a cult that thinks the end of the world is imminent. well, that, or a star trek convention.

DarkWing said...

that's the best useless item commercial! I use my jacket backwards at the movie theater so other movie goers don't get jealous of my snuggie (I don't really own a snuggie)