Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Gilt

I've been checking out the online sample sales at Gilt for awhile now. They start everyday at noon and feature designer clothes, jewelry, bedding, etc. While they have some fabulous stuff, I can't afford most of it.

Is there really an economic downturn? Either it's a resounding "no" because this stuff is selling like hotcakes or it's "yes" because it's upscale clientele who are trying to save a buck. Not sure of the demographics.

With that said, what demographic causes every unit in stock of this zebra print coat by Peter Som (at $998) to sell out within minutes but leaves this cute, crochet dress by Missoni (at a mere $298) to remain on the rack? Is the blizzard we're having today clouding judgment and making people want to wear short-sleeved fox fur? Or, once again, is it because I live in a community where fashion isn't cutting-edge that I just don't understand the appeal?



I just don't get it.

No comments: