Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Q: What do you get when you mix CVS's finest "lighted porcelain angel tree top" with a sledgehammer, vintage dog head and a glue gun?

A: An updated version of a family classic -- but with a new, ultra-gaudy gown!

From this heinous masterpiece:


To this delightful little pooch who's ready to adorn our tree:


I rescued the dog's head, little black paws (which aren't shown in this photo) and the original, padded silver fabric wings as the CVS garden variety came with clear, plastic wings. We can finally ring in the season with, er, taste . . .

2 comments:

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Can't wait for the day when I can pick up -your- magazines in the checkout line right next to Martha's.

And here I had you pegged as someone who wouldn't own a glue gun...

Pranayama mama said...

Awesome: A magazine detailing my line of campy crafts for the Airstream trailer in all of us . . . yeah, that'll sell!

I bought the glue gun last year to make a Webkinz wishing well. As I was plugging it in yesterday, I commented to the hubby how uncomfortable I was using it. Clearly not my strength, huh.