Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sunflowers and Snow

I bought the most beautiful bouquet of flowers for my desk on Monday from Wegman's for under ten bucks. They look like they were delivered fresh from Arenas. Bright red/orange sunflowers mixed with gorgeous greens that seem to me (i.e., an un-naturalist!) to be herbs, berries and funky grasses. Just looking at this arrangement is helping me to forget that just behind me, outside my wall o' windows, lies a row of pine trees laden with snow. Snow!

The blanket of snow on the lawn between homes is so idyllic that it's hard to believe there were near white-out conditions while I was driving home through the park last night. Cars off the road due to black ice. Portions of the expressway closed.

Please remind me again: why do I live here?

2 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

I think your living there has something to do with free babysitting, no?

Pranayama mama said...

Pawning them off two days in a row this weekend. Makes me sad but they'll have fun. One night at Aunt Sue's and the next at home with their cousins Christine/Lucas -- because Grannie will be with you! Babysitter stealer.