Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As it was in the beginning (one love!)
So shall it be in the end (one heart!)
All right
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Lets get together and feel all right
----------------

I love Thanksgiving. An entire day dedicated to being thankful for our blessings -- of which I have many. As much as Thanksgiving will forever remind me of NYC and countless holidays spent with my grandpa (not to mention the requisite Black Friday trip to Bloomingdale's), I woke up thinking about a more recent Thanksgiving today. Specifically, when my brother Mark and his wife were in town from North Carolina a couple of years ago. My sister-in-law Stephanie and I stopped by a local country dive bar called "The Roost." When we arrived, we were the only people there so we called everyone to join us. Even Grannie, who really doesn't drink, came for a cocktail.

An hour later (maybe two?), this place that I had previously never heard of was packed to the gills with line dancing. Yee haw! There was a really cute (alcohol talking?) DJ named David Lee wearing a cowboy hat and teaching us all to dance. Yes, us. That is until we got kicked off the dance floor for not paying the cover charge . . . no perks for getting there early?

I've since learned that The Roost is hopping all of the time. Who knew? Needless to say, I've never been back. But if Steph is interested in driving back up here, I'm willing to pay the cover!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: