Friday, March 7, 2008

Mama Amia

If I could work anywhere, I would love to work at Ideo. Everything they touch is unbelievably beautiful/uber-cool and their innovation and design process, from what I've seen and heard, is the best in the industry. I have visions of everyone there smiling all the time, respecting one another, building off each others' ideas, loving their jobs and basically having the time of their lives -- all while getting paid to have fun and design great products. A bit too "whistle while you work"? Maybe. But it's my imagination and I'm sticking with it.

Now, thanks to my generous boss (who I've written about before because I LOVE her), I have something of my very own that has been designed by them. A new, Steelcase Amia chair -- that won a Gold Best of NeoCon in 2007 in the ergonomic seating category.

Mine is, of course, in black. And, yes, I was trying different iterations of AC/DC's "Back (support) in Black" but it's really not working. But check out the loveliness and simplicity of my new chair! Oh, I can't wait to sit in you for ten hours a day . . .

2 comments:

uncle wally said...

10 hours a day? Did your butt write a thank you note to your boss?

Pranayama mama said...

My hands just wrote her a thank you note this morning!