Friday, March 28, 2008

It's a Marshmallow World

Today is one of those days when, just as you've had your taste of spring, it snows again. But it's that heavy fallen snow that clings to the tree branches and makes it feel like we're living in a Norman Rockwell painting. Breathtaking to say the least.

As Darlene Love would say, "Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly in the arms of the evergreen trees." Except in today's version the sun isn't red like a pumpkin head. Nope, there is not one iota of sunshine to be found in the the miles of colorless skies around here.

It's a monochrome world in the winter
When the sun can no longer be found
It's a toneless time, for my gray-filled rhyme
I brace for it all year round

But it sure beats rain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO TIRED OF WINTER. I shake my fist at Mother Nature. And scream obscenities. Then I have to apologize, because we (collectively) aren't exactly nice to her.


Follow me at http://twitter.com/Leesavee or http://greatdayinmaine.blogspot.com