Saturday, January 19, 2008

True Inspiration

As a second time Weight Watchers member and a genuine believer in their product, I am still amazed at many of the Success Stories that are posted on their website. Knowing I really don’t have too much weight to take off (comparatively) makes it beyond inspirational when I view these pictures and realize that there are strong and beautiful people out there who have the motivation and drive to lose more than I weigh! It really puts things into perspective for me.

While I realize the system doesn’t work for everyone, I know that it definitely works for me. Like Bridget Jones, I used to spend Saturday mornings while in college mentally tallying the number of cocktails and cigarettes (ugh!) I had the night before. (I also hoped beyond hope that if I screamed “Hey Kool-Aid,” a giant, frosty pitcher of cherry drink would come crashing through the wall and I wouldn’t have to get out of bed – but that’s another story altogether.) Computing my intake was a de facto weekend pastime so, 20+ years later, counting food points comes naturally to me.

It’s now week two and I’m about five pounds lighter with only ten more to go. Thanks to the No Pudge brownies I made last night and the Skinny Cow flying saucers the hubby bought for me, I don’t have to give up the chocolate that my body craves. I just have to meter it out slowly! And I have to also give thanks to Jennifer Love Hewitt for reminding us that -- even if you’re super rich and can surround yourself with the best dietitians and trainers in the world -- sometimes it’s still okay to have some curves.

Amen sister.

4 comments:

DarkWing said...

ugh, i need to stop eating all the junk food

Pranayama mama said...

me too! but it's soooooooooo good.

KevinOn7 said...

Your post seems to imply that you could actually remember the number of drinks you had on a Friday night in college. What's that all about???

Pranayama mama said...

mod er, er, er ation?

actually, i meant to imply that i was attempting to count -- clearly not always successful.