Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bad Day: #3

Last but not least . . .

A couple of years ago, I went to a birthday party with my kids. The wife, my cherished long-running friend Melinda, asked me if I would like a piece of cake and, before I could answer, her husband (who I also love) said, “Of course she’d like cake, look at her.” Uh, did I just hear that correctly?

Instead of letting it ride, she asked him, “What’s that supposed to mean?” and he responded, “Well, she used to . . . well she’s now raising two beautiful boys and that’s her priority.”

She then turned to me and said, “Don’t listen to him; he’s an idiot. If it’s any consolation, I ran into someone at T’s recently who said to me, ‘You’re Melinda? What happened? You used to be hot.’”

If only it ended there. Her husband said, “Well Melinda, that’s true for her, too. Don’t you remember when she used to be hot?”

Thanks. I think I’ll pass on that piece of cake and just go straight for the vodka.

3 comments:

DarkWing said...

youch

Unknown said...

If I'd been there, Melinda's husband would have had that piece of cake shoved so far up his a**, he wouldn't have been able to sh*t for a month.

Nate and I think you're hot.

Pranayama mama said...

I know! Except for the fact that he really didn't mean to hurt my feelings . . . And the good news is that it kick started Weight Watchers V1 immediately thereafter.