Friday, January 25, 2008

Swinging from the Rafters

Have you ever wanted to see a grown woman cry? Or, more specifically, sob?

If so, don’t put me in front of a sappy movie; I’m likely to be annoyed at the lame acting/storyline/characters/etc. Instead, just let me tune into the Rangers retiring one of the numbers assigned to a star player: Messier, Richter, and last night, Leetch (2). Buy stock in Kimberly-Clark. And get me some cucumber slices for my eyes in the morning. Oy vey.

Not only are these men unbelievably talented but they’re shockingly nice people--not to mention eloquent. (And in the case of Richter, funny!) I am in awe of them as was everyone in MSG and those glued to their TV sets across America. What an amazing life moment for Leetch, his family and friends. Truly impassioned. Inspirational. Touching. Breathtaking.

Deep, deep breath.

See you soon Adam Graves.

2 comments:

SueBee said...

Shocking. I didn't know that you even liked hockey!

Pranayama mama said...

i like hockey (and baseball) but really it's more of the storyline behind the players that gets to my heart strings.