Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trading Places

Every once in a while (i.e., a dozen or so times per day), my coworker Jennifer and I get a bit jealous of someone we know or read about. A client with the proverbial money tree in his yard. The woman who found out she's Oprah's half sister (ka ching). Or today's 20+ year old entrepreneur who just graduated from RIT but also started her own business and made millions . . .

Envy is never, ever a good thing to allow to fester -- especially when we each have so much to be grateful for.

The other day, as I was driving along the snow swept highway to visit a client and feeling a little down about absolutely nothing, an old Nik Kershaw song came on the air and the lyrics made me laugh. "I got it bad, you don't know how bad I got it. You got it easy, you don't know when you've got it good."

Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes even if it was for just one day?



In a semi-related note, why are Nik Kershaw and Marshall Crenshaw inexplicably intertwined in my synapses?

2 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

This made me think of the greatest put-down ever set to music:

Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You’d know what a drag it is
To see you

Pranayama mama said...

Bob Dylan. Love him.

Glad that I remind you of that, er, I think.