Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mystery Solved

I ran into a friend a week or two ago who I had last seen at a Christmas party where he had clearly tied one on. He said, "My memory is a little fuzzy but I didn't forget you jumping rope with the Christmas lights." Say what?

At a wake this afternoon, I finally heard the story. Two of my wilder girlfriends, who usually wear ornament earrings and blinking necklaces/rings/etc., were standing together at the holiday party and everyone kept commenting on how understated they were this year. (The holiday tiara wasn't enough apparently.) Finally, one grabbed all of the Christmas lights and wrapped them around her body just to get people to shut up. When she couldn't mingle against the wall all night, she then had her friends trying to find an extension cord. Somehow, as it does, it turned into a full-on, double dutch, jump rope contest indoors until someone landed on a bulb and it shattered. 

So I have to ask myself: why do I always leave too early?

No comments: