Monday, January 31, 2011

Destined for Stardom

Made it through a whirlwind weekend and now need a rest but, alas, I'm back in the saddle again.

Friday night, I worked until after eight and then took the kiddos, while I was in a state of utter exhaustion, to see local teen band 441. These talented kids write and play mostly originals (except for some notable songs like Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl?) and the crowd is chock full of youngsters dancing and holding giant poster board signs. I felt like I was at the filming of teevee's fictitious Big Time Rush except that people actually like 441. Band aside, I loved watching a) the break dancing elementary school boys and b) the pseudo-hipster parents rockin' out (i.e., a pathetic mirror to my own aging soul).

After taking the boys to swimming on Saturday, I finally made it with my girlfriend Gretchen to the George Eastman House to see the Taking Aim: Unforgettable Rock 'n' Roll Photographs Selected By Graham Nash exhibit just before its run in Rochester ended. I'm so glad I made it! As Gretchen said, every museum should have The Clash playing in the background. I couldn't agree more. The photos were fascinating. I even liked the quotes on the walls . . .








I want to get a real camera and spend a year recreating all of the photos with my kids and girlfriends. I think I'll start with my favorite Neko Case picture (taken by Alice Wheeler); but, it'll star me and my boyfriends -- when they're old enough to drive.
















It was nice having a girlie day. Shopping at the Parkleigh Pharmacy (buying nothing), lounging at Starbucks on Monroe, looking for fun stuff at Archimage and finally buying a delicious chocolate ganache cake for Grannie Annie's birthday at Goodness Cakes.

On our way home, we stopped to take more pics of the snow monsters. Note the one from last week is now fully colored and in the process of eating someone!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reinforced thumb holes make certain that there's no gap between your mitts and the [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceforsale.net/#594]the north face coupons[/URL] , which makes a massive difference when you're out active or dealing with intense situations. The stretchy elements inside the jacket also preserve everything cold from working the way up your torso. As a result of lot of clever design judgements, this [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceforsale.net/#894]north face coupons[/URL] keeps you extremely warm and dry without remaining bulky.

Anonymous said...

These are several in the things I recommend on the lookout for when you are thinking of purchasing a [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1014]north face outlet locations[/URL] of this type. They may be throughout no particular order, but are very important things you should consider before choosing just one.This [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1151]north face outlet store[/URL] has seen just about every type of situation you can imagine from late night events to likely outside straight into dirty areas.

Anonymous said...

North Facial area is an outside machines retail store keep that offers big number of [URL=http://www.northfaceapexbionicjacket.org/#1178]north face apex bionic[/URL] and equipments designed for out of doors activities and intense sports. Their most important workplace is found in America notably within San Leandro, California close to its company sister enterprise JanSports who was accepted as the world's biggest [URL=http://www.northfaceapexbionicjacket.org/#1088]north face apex sale[/URL] creator that provides just about all places within the U.s.

Anonymous said...

tMrt ghd hair straightener
wHdo ugg sale
xTbo michael kors sale
1tGaa ugg boots sale
3dSse chi iron
4vIxw ghd straightener
5sKjl nfl jerseys
1lJhk ghd nz
9iQcy north face outlet
9iEnf botas ugg baratas
4jIsp red ghd
1xXhj michael kors outlet
6yAyu nfl shop
8eLhn planchas ghd baratas
9zBzo discount uggs

Anonymous said...

gLor ghd flat iron
pOqo cheap ugg boots
fCog michael kors handbags
3mXpt GHD Australia
4kTgd burberry outlet online
5oYvl ugg australia
5bKwd ghd nz
9eXjs cheap louis vuitton
6wIvu michael kors bags
9yWlu ghd hair straightener
7fXky ugg sale
2gHei cheap nfl jerseys
9wAhg michael kors sale
3fFal GHD Pas Cher
9tBgp ugg boots sale