Thursday, September 2, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

  1. A CD player in my car!
  2. Facilitating a meeting in my client's conference room while F-16s tear up the sky right outside our windows in preparation for an airshow at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport. Intense. And, um, really hard to hear.
  3. Spending a sunny afternoon walking around Boulder, having Chai tea at the Boulder Tea House, dipping my toes in the Boulder River and having dinner with my beautiful girlfriend Patricia and her husband Bruce: two of the nicest people on earth.
  4. Enjoying a relaxing, sunshine-filled weekend in Westhampton Beach with my girlfriend Laura and her mom. Mai tais and lobster rolls by the beach. Margaritas overlooking the salt marsh, swan and setting sun. A cucumber gimlet at dinner. Swimming in the pool. Hanging at the beach. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. 
  5. Running into a very pregnant Deirdre at the bakery early on Friday morning and spending the day with her, her husband, nanny and baby Fraser at the beach and pool. Great to catch up after a random, serendipitous sighting. 
  6. Hustling into the city on Saturday night for a fabulous meal at Twisted Vine with my girlfriend Kim from DC. Prosecco. Wine. Oysters. Olives. Octopus. Delicious.
  7. Spending a leisurely Sunday morning shoe shopping and trying on hats at the 77th street flea market before getting stuck on the LIE and almost missing my flight.  
  8. Eight. Eight. I forget what eight is for. 
  9. Meeting my ex-coworkers for rumritas on the beach at Marge's Lakeside Inn after work on Tuesday. 90 degrees at 6:00 p.m. Holy moly batman, we're not in the Hamptons anymore! Tons of bikini clad yahoos in cigarette boats anchored offshore -- partying. As dusk approached, they all motored away and the beach got quieter. A large, red harvest moon set over the lake. I got a drink in my hand, I got my toes in the sand . . . 
  10. Going to the playground last night with my kids who are getting too old for playgrounds. Climbing the rock wall. Swinging on the swing set. And rolling down the hill in a race against Son #2. I didn't quite remember how dizzy that can make you. I could barely walk straight when we reached the basketball courts. 
On top of the world. I don't want summer to end!

No comments: