Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rock n' Roll behind the Suit

Yesterday, one of my favorite clients, who is roughly my age, was telling me that he couldn’t schedule our next conference call for Friday because it conflicted with his guitar lesson which is sacrosanct. I shared that my hubby played lead guitar in a bunch of bands and asked him if he, too, had guitars and amps in his living room (i.e., not bearing the Martha Stewart seal of approval). Nope, he built an entire studio/band pit in his basement, complete with drum set, so no one would have to lug gear to his house in order to jam. Must be nice, huh!

Client: I bet your husband and I would get along great.

Me: What kind of music do you play?

Client: My son plays in an alternative band but I think our band is leaning toward Christian rock.

Me: Christian rock? Yeah, you haven’t met my husband. I don’t think he and you would get along that famously . . .

Client: Well, I also play a lot of Rush, Led Zeppelin, The Stones and The Who.

Game, set, no match. 

On a related note, this song never gets old. Never.

No comments: