Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pole Dancing

A few years ago, we went to Parents' Night at our kids' preschool. On the wall were pictures that our kids drew of us along with descriptions that they dictated and the teachers typed. Son #2's said, "My mama works in a church." My neighbors thought that was pretty darned funny.

My girlfriend Mary's said, "My mom has hairy legs." Classic. And even funnier. (She was absolutely mortified.)

Jennifer, my coworker, just told me that she had too many vodka and cranberries on a trip to Lake George years ago and ended up puking on the side of the road as her husband drove the family home from dinner. When they went to the second grade open house, her daughter had drawn the requisite "What I did over summer vacation" picture and wrote, "I painted the town red with my mommy." Yep, a fully illustrated reminder complete with a red line down the road.

You gotta love kids.

My friend Petey sent me a link to this story this morning. Oddly enough, I think this lady has all of us beat!

No comments: