Monday, July 19, 2010

In the Right Place

As my boss is considering (nay, planning) a move to CO to be closer to her eldest daughter, I have a year to reinvent myself. Find a new job. Open my own business. Become a rodeo clown. Perhaps move to a new city.

A year of soul searching. Prayer. Divine intervention. Miracles.

The July-August 2010 issue of the Harvard Business Review contains an article entitled "How Will You Measure Your Life?" with this golden nugget:
"People who are driven to excel have this unconscious propensity to underinvest in their families and overinvest in their careers—even though intimate and loving relationships with their families are the most powerful and enduring source of happiness."

I want to thrive. Professionally. Personally. Help people. Touch people's lives. Make the world a better place. Pollyanna Pittsford. (I just wanna dance.) And I want to be with my family more than I am now.

So how am I going to measure my life?

2 comments:

Citygirl said...

This IS your year...remember? This could be big for you! Get those creative juices flowing :)

Pranayama mama said...

Uh oh. Have I lost hope?