Monday, July 26, 2010

Garden & Gun

During our all-too-brief stay at the Boar's Head Inn a few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of reading, cover to cover, the latest issue of Garden & Gun magazine. Seriously.

Initially, I was a bit perplexed about the alliterative but contrasting title. Are they preemptively targeting post-apocalyptic survivors? Is there a wide audience for these two subjects (among many) that I know nothing about? (Others include: Needlepoint & NASCAR, Scrapbook & Spittoon and Ironing & Inbreeding).

Anyhoo, I just have to tell y'all that I really enjoyed the magazine and I keep going back to their site. Beautiful photos. Southern libations. City portraits. Interesting articles.

Although I'm no Southern Belle, maybe I'm inclined toward gracious living . . .  Next thing you know, I'll be sending away for my NRA membership, booking a flight to Savannah, drawing myself a bath, driving Miss Daisy or maybe just drinking more bourbon. So many options.

I'll just start with the bourbon and see where that takes me.

No comments: