Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Perlo on Furlough

Okay, so I'm not trying to get into the business of restaurant reviews but my boss and I took some high-profile clients to a much touted Perlo's last night and -- oh, how do you say -- never again?!

When you're across the street from one of the city's best Italian restaurants, your decor is suboptimal and your food only marginally better, shouldn't customer service be your strength? Otherwise, how do you differentiate yourself (in a positive fashion)?

With six people ordering appetizers, soups and full meals, shouldn't one person be "allowed" to order a smaller (i.e., children's) portion of the ravioli, if so desired? Doesn't the customer come first? Our waitress not only said "no" but also checked with the owner who also said "no dice." Our client didn't order a meal at all. Somehow that's better than
a) pleasing the customer and b) generating more revenue?

Did I mention someone in the restaurant was smoking?

What's Italian for "ass backwards": àsino al contrario?

Ciao.

2 comments:

P Domino D said...

website reads: GOLFERS, SHORTS, CASUAL ATTIRE & CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

you're better off taking clients to the salty dog. my fav.

Pranayama mama said...

Funny. I like how they mix people with inanimate objects! My date couldn't make it so I brought my gym shorts. Table for two?