Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seabreeze

The boys and I scored free tickets from the boss to Seabreeze today: Rochester's answer to Coney Island. Hot. Sunny. Perfect. The busiest day of the year for the park. D'oh!

We rode heaps o' rides including my favorite, the Jack Rabbit, a roller coaster that, when it opened in 1920, was the fastest roller coaster in the world. It's wooden, rickety, still fast and reminds me of the days of my youth. Although they fly by at lightening speed, the panoramic vistas of the vast blue lake and white sailboats are stunning from a great height. 

I even went in the wave pool which is surprisingly fun. For most of the day, however, I relaxed poolside while the kids went down all of the slides and body flumes. Gone for hours I daresay.

Tonight: cookout and sangria at my girlfriend's across the street. Outdoor movies for the kids. 

Summertime and the living is easy.

No comments: