Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Big Audio Dynamite

A few weeks ago, the kids were surfing some auditory website and were testing the hubby's and my hearing loss.

Them, "Can you hear this?"

Me, "Are you really playing a sound?"

I discovered that, in addition to all of my other complaints on this blog, my ears are aging, as well. Anything above a certain frequency, I cannot hear. As you may expect with a musician, the hubby's hearing loss is worse.

Now, it's being used as a form of torture. I'll be driving along, minding my own business, when I hear the ever-annoying plea from the back seat, "Cut it out. Stop that. I said cut it out. Mom, make him STOP."

It's Son #1 playing some screeching noises on his iPod just to annoy his brother knowing full well that I can't hear 'em. I need a miracle ear. Maybe, just maybe, in this case, it's better that I can't hear. Otherwise, I need some snake oil.

When all around you seems like hell, just one sip will make you well . . .

2 comments:

uncle wally said...

by the way, it's frequency, not decibel.

Pranayama mama said...

gracias! i changed it.