Thursday, April 29, 2010

Do You Realize?

The big question that's haunting me lately: Is there a God? No, wait. I have that one covered (to the best of my knowledge).

Just thinking/writing aloud, should I fork over the money to go see the Flaming Lips at the CMAC Performing Arts Center this summer? Especially knowing that no one will go with me?

I loved Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots soooo much. I played it incessantly. I even named the dwarf Japanese maple in our front yard Yoshimi when I bought him. Since then? Not so much. Austin City Limits? Boring. Wayne, the lead singer? A bit over the top. Crowd surfing boy in the plastic bubble. Bunny suits. Freak parade. Possibly a blast live? Or am I too old for such antics?

Wilco and Cracker aside, I'm not that into live shows lately. Yet, if Beck, Weezer or Liz Phair would come to town, I'd jump at the chance to see them. Or Sparks. Or Cat Stevens (aka Yusuf Islam). Maybe because I love heaps of their songs. But the Flaming Lips?

Help!



And then there's this that sounds like Cat Stevens to me!



7 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

They were in town just over a week ago, but I missed the show.

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1990812060534937&ShowArticle_ID=11801604103173229

Pranayama mama said...

maybe you should come for a visit and we can go together! fun!!

The Independent Rage said...

Could be wrong, but I don't think Cat Stevens performs any of his old songs since he converted to Islam in the 1980's. Too bad.

The Independent Rage said...

You keep talking bout Cat Stevens! He doesn't perform live anymore since he converted to Islam! LOL! He's not going to perform for you. (I wish he would -- Peace Train & It's a Wild World are wonderful songs!).
.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Hoosier Hideosity

Pranayama mama said...

He played a bunch of songs on PBS last year and sounded great. Would be a fabulous show!

Citygirl said...

Wasn't Cat Stevens on Colbert Report not to long ago?

Pranayama mama said...

i'm bummed that i missed it! i keep trying to find the video but the comedy central site says "don't freak out but the video you were looking for is no longer available." ugh.